Monday, April 13, 2009

Wine don't you?

Last night I watched the movie 'Bottle Shock',
(which is adorable, please do see it)
and am completely obsessed today with going up to
wine country for a mini-break.

I would of course stay at the Carneros Inn...
The little modern cottages soothe me.


My favorite vineyard is a tiny one
in Sonoma County,
off of Russian River Valley Road:
Arista Vineyards,
they have THE best Pinot Noir I've ever tasted.
*THIS is the tasting room!

Lunch in Healdsburg at
Charlie Palmer's Dry Creek Kitchen...
(I had a foie-gois stuffed cheeseburger here once,
and it hasn't been rivaled)

and a stop at 14Feet,
which has the BEST mid-century antiques
*they have a PAIR of these Knoll chairs- LOVE them.

before heading back to dinner at
FARM at Carneros Inn


where the orange-scented Valrhona chocolate cake
is complete heaven.

I'm a little drunk just thinking about it...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment