Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April Showers.


I had the best dream last night.
*a fantasy, more like it

I walked in to a shop somewhere in wine-country
(good already, right?)
and there was an ENTIRE WALL displaying
Hunter Wellies
in a million colors and patterns,
and you could (GASP) custom design your own pair.

*maybe it stemmed from seeing this Jimmy Choo version a few days ago?
as close to fantasy as it comes...


The weather has been remarkably dreadful
these last couple of days...
(which really hasn't been a problem as I've been
tucked inside the new cottage tinkering away)

but I realized that it is nearly May,
and that the desert heat is about to fall upon us
like large down duvets in a sauna.

It made me already a little nostalgic for those cold, rainy days
where I get to jump about the city,
looking chic in boots that make me feel like
a 6 year old.

I guess I'll have to find a summer-time replacement
for that feeling...
maybe its wearing white eyelet-lace dresses,
carrying a purple parasol.

Maybe if I miss them too much, I can add these,

and turn on the backyard sprinklers.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment