Friday, May 1, 2009

I went to a garden party...

Last night at Peter's sweet design haven,
Almont Yard,
I had a glass of blueberry-lemonade
(with a touch of vodka, I wont lie)
and chatted with new and old friends.

The occasion:

Annie Kelly and Tim Street-Porter have just released an
amazing follow-up
to their brilliant design bible,
Rooms to Inspire


(which features the most delicious spreads by some of the greats-
Miles Redd, Jonathon Adler, and LA's own Kelly Wearstler).

The new tome,
Rooms to Inspire in the Country


features front and center
Tony Duquette's iconic Malibu home,
as well as divine layouts by
Martyn Lawrence-Bullard
(who was at the party showing off his zebra print,
which I requested to be fashioned as a summer party-dress)
and another one of my favorites,
NY's Stephen Gambrel.

I haven't had a chance to scan any photos
but I will, and soon.

Please be prepared, you may be hearing about this book for a while...
I could do a daily post on each featured home,
its THAT well compiled.

Styling beautiful homes and having your
lovely husband photograph them,
then sharing your work in a gorgeous book.

Another dream job is revealed...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment