Saturday, May 9, 2009

Good NIGHT, Moon.

Last night, the girls and I went out to the beach to watch the sunset.

I live in the Hollywood area, and I always forget
how remarkable the coast truly is,
how fresh and invigorating.
(not to mention CLOSE!)

I was awestruck by the colors of the sky...
they reminded me how much I love being
an Interior Designer-


slate grey, light blue, pale lavender
dusky rose and peach...

The sand a milk chocolate...


The nearly full moon reflected off the turquoise and navy water
in a gorgeous silver...


And it dawned on me...
ALL color comes, from one place or another, nature.
SO
as a designer, I just have to trust my instinct
about what colors work together,
and because nature created all of them,
I literally can't screw up.

And when I'm a little unsure of my choices,
I can take a drive to the beach, catch a sunset,
and find a deep rich palette to draw from thats foolproof.

Now THATs awe-inspiring.

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment