Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Heard it through the Grapevine...

Looking out my bedroom window this morning,
I was shocked at how quickly
my grapevines are growing...



To see the tiny little seeds of grapes starting to blossom
warms my heart.


Its no secret what a fool I am for wine...

One of my dreams is to retire to Sonoma
(Russian River Valley to be exact)
and rehab an old house into a fabulous boutique inn,
with an award-winning restaurant,
and delicious vineyard.

*isn't this just BEGGING to be turned into a gorgeous inn??

I would spend my days tending the chickens,
caring for my grapes and roses,
and throwing fabulous luncheons for my guests.

*THIS is actually for SALE in Healdsberg...

Nights would be spent telling stories around a campfire,
roasting marshmallows with folks of all ages,
and drinking wine I'd bottled myself
before tucking away
for a deep, restful sleep.

I may desire to travel this world and explore its glorious locales,
and will spend much of my time doing so.

But my heart and soul forever belong in California.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment