Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Miami Vice.

Another cloudy day in Sunny SoCal.

A very dear friend of mine is visiting from Miami,
we are meeting up for dinner tonight,
and I can't help but feel sheepish about the weather.

Afterall, Miami is SO delicious this time of year...
(save for the occasional hurricane)
and I'm feeling a little silly bragging about my amazing California Coastline.

Makes me think maybe I should have headed HIS way...


To lay around on the beach,


and stay at the Kelly Wearstler-designed
The Tides South Beach



for some much needed R&R.

This hotel makes me SWOON,
I find it just absolutely perfect.

I imagine myself laying poolside, with a very large straw sunhat,
sipping some fruity beverage,
engrossed in some terrible girly novel
in my polka-dotted bikini.

It's no mistake that my favorite hotel in Miami
was designed by an Angeleno...

I guess even on vacation, there's still no place like home.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment