Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Only Have Eyes for Tomb...

I am happy to report that romance
is alive and flourishing in Los Angeles.

Memorial Day weekend found me at the
Hollywood Forever Cemetery
for the Cinespia screening of one of my all-time favorite films,
Hitchcock's To Catch a Thief.

A very charming, yet soulful, native Angeleno showed me the ropes,
(I'd shockingly never been)
replete with picnic blanket, cheese and a bottle of wine.
(I supplied the Haribo Gummibears.)


We poured a glass,
then took a stroll to bear witness to
the other 1800 people who had gathered to bask in
the Holiday weekend start-of-summer glory by
sitting under the stars,
taking in this Hitchcock classic.


Although a tad chilly, we sat snuggled up on our blanket
and watched as Grant and Kelly wooed one another.


The music swelled, the credits scrolled down the mausoleum wall,
and 'I Only Have Eyes for You' started playing as the lights came up.

And then, he kissed me.
Right there next to Laurence Olivier's tomb.

Hey, whoever says 'Romance is Dead' has CLEARLY
never been to the cemetery.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment