Sunday, March 15, 2009

To Catch a... few winks.

What a whirlwind weekend.

In preparation for moving AND coordinating a friends wedding,
I was a busy little bee.

Not only did I paint my floors- hardwood AND linoleum,
(yes, you can paint linoleum)
but I also planted 120 individual terra-cotta pots with herbs to use as favors.
(More on both later this week.)

After a hot bath,
(not only to decompress, but to scrub the navy-and-grey
splatter universe off of my limbs)
I sat down with a cup of tea and one of my favorite movies:
To Catch a Thief.


Cary Grant and Grace Kelly, in gorgeous Monaco, in amazing homes,
wearing amazing clothes.
Yes Please.

This film inspires me on so many levels- the set decoration is incredible-
the detail and sophistication. I am obsessed with the costume design-
his striped boatneck and red scarf...


Her beautiful gowns...

The classic and timeless perfection of design soothes me.
I'll have plenty to dream about tonight.
Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment