Monday, March 30, 2009

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington...


So I had the very fortunate circumstance of
visiting a clients gorgeous home this past weekend,
to work on some of his succulent containers.

This incredibly well-known playboy has just finished
the renovation of his entire second story, working with
none other than Michael S. Smith.

I must admit this house is one of the most impeccably
designed residences I've ever been in.
Everything, down to the parchment wallpaper tiles
and the glass-doored tuxedo closet,
was remarkably thought out,
and represented the man of the house perfectly.

I saw, for the first time, the absolute certain reason why
Smith had been commissioned to redo the new White House.
Traditional, with brilliant textiles and color choices,
rich, warm and inviting,
Smith's work made me want to stay the weekend
ALMOST as much
as the man who actually LIVES there.

Ahh... a girl can dream.



*although I couldn't take any photos of the house,
here is a sampling of some of my favorite Smith projects...


No comments:

Post a Comment